Swami Vivekananda Books
1. Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda – The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda (9 volumes) is a
comprehensive collection of discourses and works of Swami Vivekananda books.
2. Raja-Yoga (1896) – This book, as the title suggests, is Swami Vivekananda's book on Raja Yoga. It
mainly contains his interpretation of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras.
3. Karma Yoga: The Yoga of Action (1896) – The main themes of this book are karma (work) and karma
yoga (yoga of action). Vivekananda uses the concept of karma explained in Bhagavad his Gita to explain
4. Meditation and Its Methods -Meditation and how to do it is divided into two sections:
Meditation after yoga
Meditation by Vedanta.
Vivekananda’s thoughts on meditation are interspersed in his “Complete Works”. These various views,
thoughts, opinions, and lectures are collected in this book. Swami Vivekananda books.
5. Jnana-Yoga (1899) – Jnana Yoga or The Yoga of Knowledge is a book of lectures by Swami Vivekananda
transcribed by Joseph Josiah Goodwin. These lectures were mainly given in New York.
6. Teachings of Swami Vivekananda – Teachings of Swami Vivekananda is a carefully selected collection
of his discourses, quotes and teachings. These are grouped into 44 appropriate sections.
7. Swami Vivekananda on Himself – This book is an autobiographical biography of Swami Vivekananda.
First edition in 1963. Swami Vivekananda books.
8. Vedanta: Voice of Freedom – Vedanta: Voice of Freedom showcases the spiritual wisdom India has
evolved over 5000 years. This is done in a clear, simple and concise format.
9. Lectures from Colombo to Almora – After a visit to the west, Vivekananda arrived in Colombo on 15
January 1897. From there he went to India and was hailed as a hero. He travelled around the country,
giving speeches to thousands who were dying to hear him. The Lecture from Colombo to Almora is a
compilation of many of these speeches. Swami Vivekananda books.
10. Lectures on Bhagavad Gita – Lectures on the Bhagavad Gita is an anthology of Vivekananda's
writings, opinions and commentaries on sacred Hindu texts.
11. Inspired Talks by Swami Vivekananda – In 1895 Vivekananda gave a series of private lectures to a
select group of students. These lectures were recorded by one of her students, her Sara Ellen Waldo
(later known as her Haridasi).
12. Letters of Swami Vivekananda – In 1895 Vivekananda gave a series of private lectures to a select
group of students. These lectures were recorded by one of her students, her Sara Ellen Waldo (later
known as her Haridasi).The Inspired Conversations of Swami Vivekananda was first published by
Ramakrishna His Mission in 1909.
13. My India: The India Eternal – My India: The India Eternal talks about Vivekananda's vision for India's Swami Vivekananda books.
past, present and future. Swami Vivekananda talks about the duties of India's youth and the path they
must take to make India a great nation.
14. Powers of The Mind – Powers of The Mind talks about the infinite potential and power of the human
mind. It also explains how to unlock the power of the mind through yoga.
15. Chicago Addresses – Swami Vivekananda gained worldwide fame in 1893 with his speech at the
World Congress of Religions in Chicago.
16. My Master – During his stay in the West, Swami Vivekananda spoke and preached mainly about the
beauty of Vedanta. However, on his two occasions, in New York and England, he spoke of his guru Sri
Ramakrishna his Paramahamsa.
17. Essentials of Hinduism – This book is a detailed explanation of Hinduism. It begins with an
explanation of the word 'Hindu' and goes into various schools of Hinduism.
18. Living at the Source – This book contains many inspiring messages selected from various writings,
discourses and teachings of Swami Vivekananda. This book is ideal for those who want to live a spiritual
life but are busy with their material daily lives.
19. My Idea of Education – Swami Vivekananda had many insightful and deep thoughts on a subject very
close to his heart. Swami Vivekananda books.
20. Work and Its Secret – "Work and Its Secrets" is based on a speech by Swami Vivekananda given on
January 4, 1900 in Los Angeles, California.
21. Steps to Realisation – Steps to Realization explains the secret to self-realization. The book begins by
explaining the concept of organs. The external organs i.e. eyes, nose and mouth are referred to as
instruments and the internal organs i.e. brain and heart are considered organs.
22. To the Youth of India – "To the Youth of India" is a collection of some of the moving and inspiring
lectures that Swami Vivekananda gave to large audiences in India and Sri Lanka after his rise to fame.
23. Pearls of Wisdom – The content of this book is taken from the complete works of Swami
Vivekananda. Wisdom Pearls is a collection of all of Swamiji's quotes and thoughts, grouped under
various themes such as love, knowledge, and guidance.
24. Women of India – Indian Woman is based on a speech by Swami Vivekananda given on January 18,
1900 at the Shakespeare Club House in Pasadena, California. The content focuses on the status of
women in Indian society. Swami Vivekananda books.
25. Life after Death – Perhaps no other subject has haunted the human mind since its cruel past with
such a coherent consistency as life and death. Are humans immortal or immortal? What is
reincarnation? What happens when a man dies?
26. The East and the West – In The East and the West, Swami Vivekananda conducts a comparative study
of Eastern and Western cultures.
The book is divided into his six chapters: Customs, Food and Cuisine, Civilization of Dress, Etiquette and
Manners, France-Paris, and Progress of Civilization.
27. Religion of Love – The Religion of Love is based on a speech given by Swami Vivekananda in London
on November 16, 1895. Swami Vivekananda books.
28. Pathways to Joy: The Master Vivekananda on the Four Yoga Paths to God – Pathways to Joy is a
collection of 108 of Swami Vivekananda's best teachings on Vedanta philosophy. Swamiji presents his
four classical paths of yoga: Karma, Bhakti, Raja and Jnana.